Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bookworm...

I've always loved to read, but lately I've been letting life get in the way and just haven't made it a priority.  I really missed getting lost in a good book though so I went online and reserved several books from my library.  


The Transformation of Things was pretty great.  It had a different story line than some of the usual books I read and there were some twists I wasn't expecting.  It's about a woman that has dreams that are of actual events.  She can dream about a friend of hers and see how they were feeling and what they were doing in a particular moment.  This one was hard to put down.


Little Earthquakes was a book I picked up because it's all about babies. :)  It follows 4 women through their different experiences with pregnancy and having a child.  I enjoyed it, but there wasn't much unexpected and it took me a little while to really get into the book enough to where I didn't want to put it down.


Occasionally I like to read books about happiness and/or getting the most out of your life.  I knew from the first chapter that this wasn't the book for me.  I didn't end up reading much further, but from what I gathered (keep in mind it was just the first chapter) doing more "ing" things like surfing, jumping on a trampoline, skiing, laughing, etc. bring more joy to your life and therefore increase happiness.  Essentially experiences are what bring that extra element of what you could be missing. I'm sure the book goes on to give much more information, but this one just didn't speak to me.


Heart of the Matter is the first book I read and I really liked it.  It's definitely not a fun, carefree kind of book, but I think that's one of the reasons I enjoyed it.  I don't want to give anything away, but it does cover some serious issues and had me questioning how I would handle being in the same position.


I just started reading Hope in a Jar this afternoon and I'm only one chapter in.  I let you know how it turns out!


There's Cake in my Future was absolutely the best book I've read lately!  I love the story line: It starts with a cake pull, which is where these little charms are hidden in a cake at a bridal party.  Each guest pulls a charm out of the cake and the charm represents something that will happen in their future.  For example, the baby carriage charm means babies in your future, the money bag charm means there will be a large sum of money coming your way, etc.  Well the bride to be rigged the cake so that each guest would get the charm she wanted them to have, but somehow they all ended up with different charms and the story follows three of the main girls as their futures comes true, whether for the good or not...I read this book in one afternoon because I just could not stop reading!

Do you have any good books you think I might like?

P.S. I know that some of your are still having trouble with my posts not showing up correctly in your readers.  Try deleting me completely and then adding me again with the new url.  Hope that helps!

5 comments:

  1. Totally going to take your recommendations! I've been so into reading non-fiction and self-improvement and parenting books. I just got The Nanny Diaries from a closing Borders and it's been so nice to relax and detach in some good ole fiction. Looking forward to checking out some of your suggestions. Gotta love reserving books at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, Miss Bookworm! When I get the itch, it still usually takes me 6 months to get through a book, haha. I'm definitely bookmarking this one to check out in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a bunch of winners! I need to make more time for reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking these might all be right up my alley!! ;-)

    Happy Thursday my Dear!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity