Monday, December 20, 2010

My resolution...

I've been thinking about what I want to do for my New Year's resolution and all the usual stuff came to mind, but I wasn't feeling motivated.  I love the thought of having a brand new start, but I hardly ever stick to my resolutions.  I say vague things like I'm going to lose weight, I want to be a better person, I'll exercise more, etc.

I've come to the conclusion that what I really want is to be the best person I can.  So I tried to come up with just one resolution that would do the most to get me there.  I was driving home today listening to that book "Julie and Julia" on CD and I was so inspired by her taking on this new project to cook her way through "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in a year.  I was sitting there thinking that I want to do something like that.  I want to do something that will challenge me, take me out of my comfort zone, something that I know will make me better...

So, I've decided that my resolution will be to do some kind of physical activity every single day for the entire year.  It doesn't really matter to me what it is: it can be walking the dogs, going for a run, playing basketball, doing a yoga tape, strength training...it's just important that I do something each day.  And stuff like cleaning the house or walking from my car into the building can't count.  Obviously.  Although, I'm sure there will be plenty of days that I'll try to pass some of that off as physical activity.

I really don't see how this can be negative.  It's about becoming healthier and doing something proactive.  I feel that becoming more active will have the greatest positive impact on my life compared with anything else I could have chosen, so I'm going to give it a shot!

What do you guys think?  What are some of your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity