Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Remember...

I've been reminded several times recently that life is short and a long, fulfilling life isn't promised to all of us.  It's sad and I've cried big crocodile tears today over my fears that those close to me won't always be here.  It's terrifying.  

There are too many parents watching their children die, too many children dealing with the deaths of parents much too young to leave this place, too many spouses made widows.  I love this blog world, but it exposes you to all those events taking place in others' lives on a regular basis.  I can't tell you how many blogs for sick babies I've read over the years and it breaks my heart over and over again.  

I'm not sure what my point is tonight.  I guess I've just been reminded how I need to NEVER take for granted a job that pays the bills, healthy parents/family and all the other blessings in my life. 

4 comments:

  1. You are so right. Life is incredibly fragile and in the blink of an eye, it can be taken away. I guess all we can do is make the best of the time we do have! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hug* It's so hard to read about the troubles others are having and know that you too may experience those things.

    Just know that we're all here for a reason and it's a good reason! We take the good, we take the bad, because that's what we have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully put. I have to remind myself of that every day as well. Life is crazy, but it is good. Something that I learned by reading Tim Pond's latest book titled, "The Three Insights..." a parable that inspired, impacted and illuminated me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that very often I take things like health and a job for granted, however, each time I read one of those blogs you mentioned, I'm reminded once again of how truly blessed I am. There is just too much pain in this world unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity