Friday, November 26, 2010

Life is good!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving!  Mine was absolutely wonderful and filled with the spirit of the day.  I woke up thankful for all the good in my life and the entire day was so great that I felt continually blessed.  It's not that I did anything different than usual on this holiday, I was just able to see the moments for what they were and live in the present.  It was an amazing feeling.  I spent the day at my parents home enjoying their homemade cooking, soaking up time with all the animals  (5 dogs!), spent hours just talking to my parents and catching up on each others lives and even took some of the dogs for a walk with my dad in the crisp weather.  It was pretty much perfection.

Today has been nothing short of pretty awesome as well.  I woke up and made the house shine.  My bathroom is going to be a haven tonight when I take a bubble bath to celebrate all my hard work :)

I've spent the rest of the day just relaxing.  I baked some peanut butter cookies:



I'm soaking up the holiday season and enjoying a fully decorated home:


I'll do a post soon with all the decorations and fun stuff I've put up this year.  I actually put everything up two weekends ago because I couldn't wait any longer.  If there's one thing to help cure feeling down from a breakup, it's surrounding yourself with Christmas cheer.  :)

If you're interested, here's the cookie recipe:
  • I cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup golden brown sugar (I used dark brown and they turned out fine)
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
Stir everything together and bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes.  I also think they would turn out great if you added peanut butter chips.  I found this recipe on EatMoveWrite.  


Did any of you go shopping today?  Did you score any deals?

4 comments:

  1. I definitely went shopping today! No great deals to report but it was fun! :0) LOVE your Stocking holders! Too cute! Those cookies look yummy! :0) I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, peanut butter cookies are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity