Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tonight is one of those nights...

It's one of those nights where things just seem to line up perfectly.

I started off the day by waking up early with Maddy.  She's refusing to stay asleep once the sun comes up so I brought both dogs out to the living room where they can play with their toys and I hauled my fluffy comforter to the couch where I slept in until 10:30.  The room was cold and kind of dim so I snuggled into my comforter.  It was cozy.

I spent the rest of the day with my parents going to an annual charity auction.  My parents have been going for years and this is my third year going.  The charity benefits a local no-kill animal shelter, which is something very close to my heart.  I look forward to going every year and spending the time with my parents.

And now it's tonight.  Tonight the house is clean, the carpets have those lovely vacuum lines.  The only light is one over my fireplace and my favorite woodwick candle is burning.  It's cool enough to curl up under blankets, Ingrid Michaelson is playing in the background, Max is laying on my lap and Maddy is quietly eating a rawhide.

I love my home.  I love that sitting here I feel completely at peace.  This night is one I used to think of when I was still in the apartment.  I used to picture nights spent exactly like this.  And now they're here.

2 comments:

  1. Best night ever it sounds like. Before I was married I used to LOVE just being by myself and y dog rainy and enjoying alone time! Good for you! Thanks for stopping by today! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vacuum lines on the carpet but it's always so hard to get those things!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity