Sunday, October 31, 2010

Life is sweet...

I'm in such a good place right now.  I just feel deep down that I'm where I'm supposed to be.

Work is going much better lately.  I'm beyond busy, but I'm not behind.  I get grants for my company and we were running pretty thin, but over the past couple of weeks, I've gotten some approvals.  That takes a huge weight off my shoulders.  I also found out Friday that my boss gave me a raise!  I didn't ask for one this year because we didn't have as many grants (studies) as I would have liked, which means we weren't making as much money as we could.  He surprised me though and I found some extra money in  my paycheck on Friday :)  It's not a huge raise, but every little bit helps!

Things are going amazingly with my finances.  I've got a budget that works and didn't have a problem sticking to it last month.  I feel so much better just knowing where every penny goes and I don't feel overwhelmed because I'm not sure if something will get paid or if I'll have the money for Christmas presents.  Its' a great feeling!

I'm single again and actually okay with it.  Shawn and I tried to make things work, but we just aren't on the same page.  It's sort of terrifying to think of starting over with someone new when Shawn and I have so much history and i thought we would end up together.  So I'm not thinking about it.  I know whatever is supposed to happen, will happen.  I'm enjoying the freedom and focusing on becoming the person I know I can be.

I'm also doing really well with my health/weight loss goals.  I've lost 11 lbs as of this morning, which is great!  I've also been trying to walk the dogs more often and to take them on longer walks when we do get out.  I've tried the 30 day shred and while it's hard, it's something I'm going to try to do more frequently.

The dogs are healthy, I'm making more of an effort to see/talk to my good friends, my parents and I have a good relationship...everything is just going so well right now.  And I know they can even be better than I imagine if I just keep working towards my dreams.

Night ladies!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing really well! We have some of the same goals-- I've been shredding intermittently and trying to take the dog on longer walks while the weather is still decent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIGH FIVE! You sound like you're doing freaking great! I'm sorry to hear about your relationship, but I'm so proud of your awesome perspective, girl. And congrats on the raise! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad things are going so well for you right now! And I love hearing about your money saving tips. Before AJ & I split, we decided to refinance my house based on OUR income and now it's just me. So any wisdom you stumble upon, feel free to pass on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome! Yay for the raise and everything going so smooth! Sounds like a great way to start a new year! :0)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity