Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Yesterday was Madelynne's first birthday!  I can't believe this little feisty girl is one already.

Lately, she's been waking me up before 8am every single Saturday and Sunday.   Yesterday was no exception so I brought my comforter out to the couch and tried to sleep while she pulled out every.single.toy her and Max have.  Eventually I got up for good around ten and brought out her present!  My parents have had this tradition of wrapping up a present for each one of the dogs every Christmas and we watch them try to get their treat or toy out.  I didn't have Maddy last Christmas so I wanted to do it for her birthday this year.  



She's a pro at unwrapping gifts!  She sprinted around the house with it, wouldn't let Max help and had the toy completely out within a couple of minutes.  :)




I think she really liked it!



After the pups played for awhile I put a little bit of hot water in their dry food to make a gravy and they went at it!  They usually get dry food and organic treats only.  I'm not big on table scraps or lots of random treats because it's not very good for them and Max gets sick easily.  They really liked the whole "gravy" thing though and went to town!


I think it's so important to celebrate birthdays.  Whether it's for one of your pets, parents, friends, etc.  Life is way too short and making the most out of the time we have with those important to us is something that I want to look back on and know I did right.  I don't want to leave this world wishing I had enjoyed more, celebrated more, loved more...

Maddy's first vet visit

The first time I met her.  You can't even see her eyes!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!



7 comments:

  1. How stinking sweet!!! What a little doll!!! I love that y'all do that at Christmas! So do we!!! :0) Happy birthday Madelynne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO ADORABLE! Happy birthday to her! Love that she unwraps her presents! That's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so cute! Happy b day to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that's precious! I love that you let her open her present on her own. I so want one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhh she's sooooo cute!!!! I love little furry scruffy puppies!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity