Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happenings...

So yesterday we had bath night in the Cassie household.  The pups were not pleased:



But, they're all clean smelling and soft so I think it was worth it :-)  Although the scratches I got during the process don't feel so good today.

If you read my post from yesterday, then you know I needed to change my Pikepass address.  I'm happy to report that I can cross that off the list!

I also posted on craigslist for the very first time today.  I'm sure you guys are sick of me mentioning his name, but since I'm going through the whole Dave Ramsey program, I'm really focused on saving money and paying off my debt as quickly as possible.

Lately I've had some large bills like almost $500 to extend my washer warranty (which I feel is totally necessary since it has already broken once and it's less than a year old), a $400 medical bill, $300 plane ticket for my cruise, etc.

Christmas will be here before I know it, so I've already planned out what to get everyone so I can budget for all the presents next month and get anything shipped that might take awhile.  Unfortunately, it's hard to pay off debt when big bills come in and there are birthdays and Christmas all around the same time.  I feel like I'm constantly paying what comes in (I'm not behind on anything), but I haven't gotten a chance to really pay extra on anything.

Enter craigslist.  I hoping (fingers crossed) to get a good portion of my Christmas shopping money from selling some things.  I already know November will be a heavy financial month because I'm dying my hair back to my natural color so I can stop getting highlights every two months, Maddy's got a grooming appointment, Shawn's got a birthday, etc.  So hopefully it goes well!

This is the coffee machine I posted today:


It's a great machine, but I just don't like the taste of the t-discs and prefer Starbucks.  I orginally bought it to curb my Starbucks addiction, but it didn't work.  Instead I've just cut out Starbucks completely except for once or twice a month.

Well dinner is hot and ready-cheesy spaghetti, yum!-so I'm outta here!

2 comments:

  1. I loooove your comforter! Do you remember where you got it? I have an orange room that I'm looking for bedding for, but can't find anything to match!

    And I hear ya on the bills! Just when I thought I had gotten everything out of the way, my homeowner's insurance, car insurance, and property taxes pop up! I can never get ahead!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity