Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Difficult Day...

Today was a hard day for me.

I know that to people not very close to me I can come off as kind of cold or critical.  I'm extremely Type A and can seem uptight and impatient which sometimes translates into critical and uncaring.

I'm not though.  I'm actually too caring about some things and feel like I need to be kept in a bubble away from all the bad stuff that happens in this world.  I don't watch the news because it just depresses me. I can't stand for someone to tell me a story about a sick child or anyone going through pain.  I get so upset even for people I've never even met.  I don't know how to explain it-it's like I feel things too much.

Today one of my co-workers went home at lunch to let out her dogs and they were fine when she came in the door.  She let them out and heard one of them start shrieking.  She went outside and the dog couldn't move its back legs.  They were just dragging.  She took her to the emergency vet and her dad met her up there so she could come back to work.  She came in and was just sick about it.  Her dad called an hour later and said they were going to put the dog down.  She was just bawling and left work early to say goodbye.  I honestly felt so bad for her.  I could barely keep from crying at work and I've never even seen the dog.  Other people felt bad for her, but it really upset me.  I've been thinking about it ever since she left and I just haven't been able to shake my bad mood.

Then my bff was supposed to come over for dinner tonight and she called right before saying she had to take her dog to the emergency vet because something happened to his paw.  It turns out all four toes on his left paw are broken.  He's going to be fine, but of course I've been worried about her and the pup all tonight as well.

I'm also feeling kind of down because of some things that didn't turn out for the best.  I know that's life and things will always go wrong.  I'm just having trouble being as positive as I'd like lately.

I know some people are going to read this and be like "it's just a dog, why do you care so much?" but for some reason I've got a huge heart for animals.  Anyway, enough whining.  Tomorrow is a new day and I'm sure plenty of good things will happen if i actually look for them.

7 comments:

  1. I just got sad reading about the dogs :(

    I hate hearing about dogs getting hurt...

    Things will start looking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you and I am the same way when it comes to animals, esp. dogs. I can't even watch the abused dog comercials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Type A also. I so get you!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, honey, that's so tough! I got a bit of the blues when you posted this on Twitter. It's so sad when something like that happens. I can see why it would get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand. I don't think anyone gets how they are not "just" dogs unless you have one. And then only some truly do. I'm sorry about the pups. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely understand...I'm a HUGE feeler and often internalize the feelings of others, not just myself. It's been hard to set those boundaries up in my life. With the pet thing, I also the same. I, literally, can't pass a dog on the highway without trying to pick it up or dumping some food out if it won't come to me (DW and I both carry bags in our car).

    I hope you feel better today...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dog was sick and had to stay over at the vet once for observation and I was just BESIDE myself, so I totally get it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity