Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A little "staycation"...

I've been spending the last few days enjoying a little "staycation."  My end of year at work is coming up at the end of this month so I had to take my vacation days or lose them.  Rather than going on a trip I decided to stay home and really take advantage of this time off.  I go back next Monday, so I've still got five more days to enjoy!

So, this is what I've been up to:

  • Spending far too much time trying to figure out how to upload large pictures on blogger, without them getting blown out and blurry.  I've googled it, read a ton of articles, changed sizes, etc. and it's still not working.  Grrr!  I did find out that there's a new blogger edit program so I changed over to that.
  • I had lunch with one of my favorite friends from college yesterday.  It's probably been a couple of years since I've seen her and it was so great to catch up. =)
  • I also had a coffee date with my bestie this Sunday.  Love her!
  • The carpets have been vacuumed and shampooed!  My least favorite house cleaning chore, but it's done!
  • I'm working on getting my cruise plane tickets and hotels booked.  I've also taken care of a bunch of misc. stuff like extending my washer warranty, scheduling a home inspection before my one year warranty is up, etc.
  • I've spent tons of time sleeping in, taking naps, reading, playing on the computer and just generally enjoying not having to be at work.
I've got a trip to a cupcake shop planned for later this week and I can't wait to show you what I get! Going back to work is going to be HARD...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been having a great time away from work :-) I'm so jealous that you're going on a cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time off! It sounds like a very relaxing yet productive staycation! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity