Monday, September 13, 2010

And so it begins...

Today was my first day back at work after ten days of glorious time off.  I spent my "staycation" eating cupcakes for breakfast, staying up way too late, meeting up with old friends, watching the entire Season 1 of "How I Met Your Mother" and basically having a wonderful time.  Stress was pretty much non-existent from my life.  It was pure bliss.  Then my alarm went off this morning...

It's like I never even had a vacation.  All the stress and responsibilities are all of a sudden right where I left them.  Now there's never enough time in the day, the emails won't quit coming, the flights need to be booked, the dogs need to be walked...aaaahhh!

In my head I thought I could come back to work all relaxed and go with the flow.  I felt like my time off had really helped me sort of center myself and blah, blah, blah.  Not the case.  

I came home with a million things to do and instead crashed on the sofa for almost two hours.  Then I woke up starving and picked up a pizza instead of cooking while I proceeded to watch 3 shows on my dvr.  

I'm so incredibly thankful for my job, but I've got to find some balance soon.  At least I've tackled the hardest part: facing everything that piled up while I was gone.  I've got an action plan to deal with those pesky emails tomorrow, so let's hope it goes better!

3 comments:

  1. You must realize that your staycation really did do a lot of good for your mental health, even if you felt overhwelmed at the office today. I promise! I'm glad you were able to take some time off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean...I feel like it's a million times worse when you come back from vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* if only life would take a vacation at times :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity