Thursday, August 19, 2010

Super simple dinner...

For awhile now I've been trying out 2 or 3 new recipes a week. I like to cook and I'm always printing out new things to try. Even though I really enjoy seeing how everything turns out, I feel like I end up wasting quite a bit of food. Most recipes serve 4-5 and even if I eat leftovers, I still end up either getting sick of it or just not able to eat it all before it goes bad. So this week I'm trying some thing new. Well actually old. I'm grocery shopping and cooking like I did in college. There's lots of frozen pizza, mac and cheese, Knorr rice sides, soup, etc.

I think I'll save some money and while it's definitely not the the healthiest way to go-way too much processed food-I'm trying it for a little bit because I'd like to save enough money to get hardwood floors put in. The dogs have absolutely destroyed my carpet in only 8 months!!!

So this is a super easy dinner that I had the other night. It's probably not even an actual recipe, but I wanted to share because I know there are nights I don't have the energy or time to pull something together (even when I'm not on this weird shopping program). You need the following ingredients:

If you can't tell by the picture:
  • Shred cheddar
  • Burrito size tortillas
  • Spray butter
  • Fajita chicken-refrigerated
  • Chopped green onion (I didn't have any this time, but it would have been delicious!)
Spray one side of the tortilla and lay it buttered side down, in a large skillet over medium heat. Put a handful of chicken and shred cheddar on one side:

Fold the tortilla over covering the cheese and chicken and cook until lightly browned. Then flip and brown the other side. Annnnd you're done!


On another note, I have a question I think I've asked before. I like large pictures on the blog and was told that to make them large I go into Html and delete the height and change the second "s" to "s596." It definitely makes the pictures bigger, but also really blurry. Does anyone know how to make their pictures large without changing the actual look of the picture?

4 comments:

  1. With pictures, I just add them to my Live Writer and then stretch them like you would in Word. I'm not sure how to do it another way.

    I think with regards to dinner, as long as you're semi-healthy, you're fine. It makes sense to save money and not waste food. Simple is sometimes better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a version of this with avocado! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We HATE leftovers in our house, and my husband just won't eat them. When we're making something large like a casserole or something, we end up freezing half and waiting about two weeks until we're not tired of it and bringing it back out. It doesn't always work - sometimes the ingredients get soggy or something, but it keeps us from throwing food out all the time! In fact, I'm pretty sure we have some beef stew in the freezer from last winter...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity