Thursday, August 5, 2010

I want a McDonalds ice cream cone!

Eating better is hard to do! I don't have a huge goal to eat organic, eat more vegetables, exercise everyday, etc. My only goal right now is to watch my portions, cut back on desserts and eat when I'm hungry. I try to make better decisions while grocery shopping and hopefully these small changes will do something.

Most of the time, I start off trying to change everything and then I fail big time. So the plan is to slowly make the changes that I need to, but wow, is it hard! I'm used to consuming so many calories a day that I literally feel like I'm starving right now. I wanted to order pizza for dinner-I NEEDED to order pizza for dinner. Work was hellish and my to do list is a mile long. Stressed=fatty food binge.

Instead, since I definitely did not want to cook, I just had this:

And then I added some mini chocolate chips. But I'm still soooo hungry! I know my body just needs to adjust to eating less and I know there's a cucumber in the fridge I could cut up and eat if I was really that hungry. Unfortunately, the only thing I want right now is a vanilla cone from McDonalds. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. That is such a good idea, to just focus on portion control. Isn't it insane what restaurants serve? We seriously don't need to eat that much food on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really hard to make healthy adjustments. But I think that you're right: you can make it easier by eating less of the high calorie foods that you like. The problem with that is that you have to eat a lot less since they have so many carbs than if you eat a healthier meal (which in turn makes you hungry). Dieting sucks! But you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is hard but it sounds like you are doing great!! Hang it there...it will get better! :0)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity