Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday was a day of rest, now it's just one more day for progress...

I love that Rascal Flats song! And usually I do try and just enjoy the day without stressing too much over the to do list. However, yesterday was not one of those days.

I started the day off by taking the dogs to the dog park:

I also played with Picnik a little bit-I could easily spend hours on that site! Then I went to Starbucks for some coffee and picked up a sandwich at this great local place.

After I got home and ate lunch I needed to take down this plastic green fence that my dad and I put up when the wooden fence was torn down to repair the flooding issue.

I had thought it would be really simple to do, but it was 97 degrees out and I'm sure it felt like it was over a hundred. Those poles were really stuck in the ground and once I got them out, I had to roll everything up and take it to the garage.

I got it all taken care of and put out the sprinkler to try and help the sod that just got put down grow a little quicker. Maddy loves to roll around in it and comes back COVERED in grass because it's all dry.

Then I dragged the hose thing around to the front yard and watered all the plants and trees. I was so hot and sweaty by then that I just layed down on my kitchen tile like the dogs do when they're hot. It actually really helped cool me down!

Once I wasn't dying from the heat, I vacuumed the whole house and then shampooed all the carpets:

Then I washed the car, vacuumed it, cleaned all the plastic on the inside, cleaned all the inside windows, quick waxed the car and polished the headlights.

Then I took a quick shower, went to my parents for dinner and came home to start laundry:

and take care of this pile of bills, junk mail and misc. stuff.

Super busy day!

And then I spent the rest of the night cuddling with this cute face :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been so buys, but at least look at how much you've accomplished! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Busy girl on a Sunday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So productive! I probably would have stopped after clearing the fence... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the yard looks so much better without the fence ! your hard work payed off :}

    http://bisousmonamourrevised.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am currently lusting over your washer and dryer. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that song, and it's so true! And this is going to sound weird and/or creepy, but I love your washer/dryer units. They are huge and like 8 million times better than what I have. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity