Friday, July 23, 2010

I am not Superwoman...

  • I cannot get a blog post up everyday (or even at a regular time), comment on all the blog posts that I'd like to, or stay up to date on those posts (I'm usually 2 or 3 days behind)
  • I cannot get everything done at work before I go home each day
  • I cannot bake something from scratch for someone's last day at work
  • I cannot spend enough time playing with the dogs and taking them for walks
  • I cannot see my friends every week like I want to
  • I cannot keep up with my personal emails and social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) like I probably should
  • I cannot stay up each night until all the laundry is folded, dishes are put up, the house is clean
  • I cannot keep functioning on less than 6 hours of sleep each night (I'm averaging around 4.5)
  • I cannot always be the sweet girlfriend that there's for him when he needs me
  • I cannot be the perfect daughter/granddaughter that calls and visits enough

What I can do is:

  • Realize that I have to take care of myself first or everything else will suffer
  • Know that I can only do my best
  • Understand when I'm at my breaking point and take a step back

So, I'm not going to stress that I used pre-made cookie dough to bake cookies and made a Jello No-Bake Cheesecake instead of going all out like I would have preffered. I'm not going to stress that somtime's emails go unanswered for a couple of days. I'm not going to stress that I haven't called my grandfather in the past few months. I'm not going to stress that at this very moment, the dishwasher is full, there's a pile of laundry in the dryer and my bed is unmade and....

Instead, I know I've hit a wall and it's time to re-evaluate. It's time to retreat from all my responsibilities for a little bit and take some me-time. Take time to get a plan of action to get the most important things done. Maybe get a massage or a pedicure. Just relax...because life goes by far too quickly and I don't want to spend it with a racing heart and a knotted stomach.

I am not Superwoman, but I am doing the best I can and that's all I can ever ask of myself.

4 comments:

  1. Taking short cuts in the kitchen? Totally acceptable. Making sure you take care of your self? Absolutely necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fabulous just the way you are!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life trumps blog. A wise fellow blogger taught me that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cassie! Don't let these things suck the joy out of your life! No one will ever know if there is laundry in your dryer...and Jell-O makes a hella good cheesecake! Did ya have something to wear this morning? Did your friends at work gobble up the cake? Work will be there tomorrow...that is why they are paying you...and you've gotta go to sleep so you can live longer and ENJOY YOUR LIFE! :O) You're a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity