Thursday, July 15, 2010

Date Night!

I should start by saying that the boy and I haven't gone on a "date" in a LONG time. Sure, we go out to dinner or watch a movie, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Well Wednesday night we went to the Melting Pot for a cooking class! I get emails from them and saw one that said they were offering their first ever cooking class. It would be three courses for $25 and $45 if you wanted wine pairings as well. You get to actually make your own fondue and would also be dipping and taking home chocolate coated strawberries :)

I immediately called Shawn and asked him to take off work and we made it a date! Ya'll...I had an AMAZING time. I can't even put into words how giddy I felt that night and I was even in a great mood bright and early the next morning even though I got less than 6 hours of sleep! We made two different cheese fondues and one chocolate one. The food was beyond delicious, but that wasn't why it was so great. It felt good to get out of the house and do something different. We both had obviously never been (since it was their first one) and so we learned and experienced it all together.

By the end of the night I was relaxed (although, I'm sure some of that was due to the number of Yin Yang's I consumed-those things are the best alcoholic drink I've ever had!), laughing and just generally felt even closer to Shawn. I think it's so important to make time for date nights. And make those nights a time to do something new and adventurous.

It definitely strengthened our relationship and I hope to make it a goal AT LEAST once a month!

I hope you guys schedule one soon :)

*I'm sorry I haven't been commenting on your posts lately. The internet at work is messed up and it usually won't let me leave comments. Hopefully, it will get fixed soon!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so.much.fun!!! I would love to do that! We used to have date nights once a week, but now with our crazy schedules we kind of neglected that. This reminds me of how much fun it was! I'm so glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity