Saturday, July 17, 2010

Christmas in July!

If you follow me on Twitter than you already know that Thursday afternoon seriously felt like Christmas morning to me. I bought my new camera!

I had done my research, talked to photographers, physically played around with each model and brand to see which ones I felt most comfortable with and got.....tada!

This camera is FANTASTIC! I'm in love. I had to charge the battery for a couple of hours Thursday night so I didn't get to play around with it much. But, yesterday at work all I could think about was coming home and getting it all set up. And of course, I had my trusty "manual" to help me out. This thing is great! Considering I know pretty much nada-this has become my go to resource to even figure out which button is which!
This is what my dining room table looked like as I was going through and figuring everything out. I ended up buying a lense filter and a memory card as well so that I could start taking pictures right away. Several people recommended the lense filter just in case the camera bumps into something, the filter should protect the lense from breaking. And it was only $11 so I figure it can't hurt!
I've only taken a few pictures and they've all been in the fully automatic mode. I'll be reading up in my "Dummies" book and hopefully I'll catch on and learn how to use the manual modes soon. Even though it is just the automatic setting, I'm thrilled with how much better these pictures are then my old point and shoot :)



I'm thinking of maybe even taking a photography class soon too! I just find it so interesting and I think it will be a great hobby for me.

I'm off to take more pictures!

4 comments:

  1. one of my tricks is to put it on motion setting (the little running man)...it auto adjusts the aperature for the light intake. This way, you don't get the look of a picture using flash (which looks TOO white and not flattering especially on people). I never use a flash. So, open windows, turn on lights, and then use that setting. See if you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Great purchase!! I know you'll love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!!! I so need to get one now!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new purchase!

    I just read the book Understanding Exposure...it's a life changer if you want to shoot in manual! I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity