Thursday, June 3, 2010

Housewarming gift...

I need your help! One of my best friends bought a house last year, but I haven't been able to see until now. She's been remodeling and didn't even live there for a few months, but I feel like I should get her a housewarming present since this is my first visit.

I don't have time to order anything, so I need you guys to help me out! I'd like to avoid gift cards if at all possible and am looking for something crafty.

I saw a cute little toolbox with tools and handy stuff that I thought was adorable, but she has a fiance taking care of all those things so that doesn't work.

These are some of my ideas:
  • Picture frame
  • Candle
  • Kitchen towels
  • Hot chocolate mix or something like that from William's Sonoma?

That's about all I could come up with...and I have no idea what I would put those things in. I would want it to be functional, like a basket or something.

Anyway, HELP PLEASE!

6 comments:

  1. I think a cake candle from a country store kind of place would be pretty nice. :) I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target has nice baskets, and you could put all those things you listed in one of those baskets and just wrap it up with some clear foil. You could put in some wine or chocolates too, or other kitchen utensils :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when we moved into our new home, someone brought us a white orchid in a really pretty pot! i loved it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love themed gifts, so yeah.. like mix from Williams Sonoma or something would be great..maybe add in some mugs to go with it or something! Or..since it's summer, you could go with an outdoor theme! If she drinks, grab one of those Williams Sonoma summer drink/cocktail making books or something or cute wine stoppers from pier 1? My FAVORITE gift for anyone who drinks wine btw is the wine pump at Williams Sonoma. I think they have em cheaper at Target. No one has one and they really conserve a bottle of wine...and come in a nice box and look classy. Useful gift. :) I'll keep thinking... :)

    Fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually have the wine pump from Target that Jax is talking about. It works great and was like $20!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about something completely dorky like a "woman's tool kit" - find a tool box in a fun color (pink, light blue, etc) and fill it with your ideas and maybe a small bottle of wine and some nice chocolates.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity