Friday, April 2, 2010

Lemon Cookies!

This just might be one of my favorite dessert recipes that I've made! And the great part is, they are SUPER simple! In fact, I made them last Tuesday night after I'd eaten dinner and gotten everything else I planned on doing done. I never bake on the weekdays because it can be time consuming, but these babies were done quickly and I was still able to get in bed by 9pm! Don't make fun of me for going to bed so early-I have to get up before 6am for work :(

So here's the recipe:
  • 1 box of lemon cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoon lemon juice (I used lemon juice you buy at the store instead of fresh lemons and it turned out fine)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil less 2 tablespoons (you should have 1/2 cup total when combining the lemon juice and oil)
  • 1 tub lemon frosting
Stir together the cake mix, eggs, juice and oil until a dough forms. Heat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a cookie sheet. Drop teaspoons of the dough onto the cookie sheet and bake for about 8 minutes. Let cookies cool and then frost.

I only used about half the tub of frosting and I think each cookie ends up being about 110 calories-this helps me since I'm calorie counting right now :)




I found this recipe on the Tasty Kitchen website. It really is so good. I'm not big on lemon chicken or pasta recipes with lemon, but I find desserts with lemon to be so refreshing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word!!! Those cookings sounds insanely delish!!! I think I must try to make them! Thanks for sharing to to die for recipe!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity