Monday, April 26, 2010

Balance...

I'm a compulsive list maker. I honestly feel like I have to be in order to accomplish what needs to get done. I put everything on a list...absolutely everything. I even include stuff like:
  • Shave your legs
  • Walk the dog
  • Use lotion
  • Mouthwash
  • Floss
Stuff like that! Things you should just remember to do. It doesn't work though. I always feel like I'm lacking in some area of my life.

If I remember to keep my legs shaved, I forget to get regular pedicures and my feet get nasty. If I remember to work out 4-5 times a week, my eating gets out of control. If I remember use lotion after every shower, my hair just gets thrown up so I can make it to work on time. If I remember to use mouthwash and floss each night, I don't get around to shaving!

It seems never-ending. It's not just regular grooming and taking care of myself stuff that gets all out of whack. If I'm keeping up with that stuff then there's a good chance that housework or bills or something else is getting neglected. I just can't seem to get on one schedule that accomplishes everything.

I'm so envious of those women that are always so put together: they dress nicely, their hair and nails are always done, they can cook and entertain and their homes look great even if you stop by out of the blue, they work hard, they exercise, they're not stressed and frazzled and are very warm, friendly souls...I want to be one of them.

Anyway, this entire post came out of the fact that I need a pedicure, manicure, I'm too lazy to brush, floss and use mouthwash tonight, my bedding doesn't match because one of the dogs peed on the bed (last week and I still haven't taken the comforter to the drycleaner and am instead using an old blanket!), my house isn't clean, I'm dreading work tomorrow, and I have a friends birthday Wednesday that I want to go all out for, but I'll be lucky if I can find a decent present and some decorations.

If any of you are one of the women I described-tell me your secret!!!

I'll have some picture posts soon-I just haven't downloaded the pics yet...just another thing to do!

7 comments:

  1. You sure just described me right now. I'm a wreck. I need to do laundry. And I have a to do list a mile long. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! My toenails don't have polish on them right now and I am embarrassed and for the past 2 days my hair has been in a bad low bun. I would love to look beautiful and my personal best each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried makings lists at one point - but I'm to busy to do the things on the list!
    Can't wait to see some picture posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would not believe how many list I have around my apartment. The boy is constantly looking at me like I am crazy! I just polished my toe nails and finally feel better about things!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can barely find the time to kiss my husband good night this week, it seems. I definitely don't have my life together - I'd love to know how people do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could be more of a list person and actually cross things off when I write them down -- haah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one actually does it....it's all smoke and mirrors...an illusion. After many years of worrying and fretting over not being able to do what others do, I just gave it up and decided to do what I want to do...and I am perfectly happy, and you will be too! The thing you are missing off your list is personal peace...just let it go :O)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity