- Shave your legs
- Walk the dog
- Use lotion
Monday, April 26, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." Confucius
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simply your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness." Henry David Thoreau
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." Harriet Beecher Stowe
"Do the kinds of things that come from the heart. When you do, you won't be dissatisfied, you won't be envious, you won't be longing for somebody else's things. On the contrary, you'll be overwhelmed with what comes back." Morrie Schwartz
"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something that one finds. It is something that one creates." Thomas Szas
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
- playing a bunch of Farmville. I'm beyond addicted to this game. I log in every single morning to harvest, plow and seed my plots. Do any of you play? If so, tell me so I feel a little bit better about this obessession! It's crazy how much time I spend playing.
- drinking lots of Starbucks thanks to a giftcard from my godparents mother. She's the sweetest woman and always sends me a gift for Easter. She obviously knows me well...coffee gets me going in the morning.
- enjoying my boss being on vacation. While I still have lots of work to get done, the atmosphere is just more relaxed when he's out of the office.
- trying to catch up on reading everyone's blogs and making time to post on my own. I obviously rely on work time too much to keep up with the blog, because when work gets busy, the blog gets neglected.
- celebrating my birthday! My birthday is actually tomorrow, the 21st, but since that's a Wednesday, I did some celebrating this weekend. My parents and I went to The Melting Pot because it's by far my favorite place to eat. Cheese and chocolate fondue? Yes please!
- deep cleaning my house because one of my best friends drove down to see if for the first time! She made the nearly 2 hour trip to hang out and see my new home so I wanted it to be pretty for her :)
- thinking of ways to save money. I would love to decorate the entire house immediately, but I'm slowly accepting that it's a work in progress and spending all my savings just to have it done would not be a good thing, no matter how appealing it seems. I have this nesting issue where I need everything to be put up, decorated, etc. to feel truly comfortable, so this has been hard.
- reading this story. It's about a 23 year old woman that got diagnosed with cancer and is now 28, but losing her battle. I'm only on Chapter 9, but it seriously helps me to appreciate my health and make the most out of every moment. I reminded myself several times this morning that even though I was tired, to not be grumpy, but instead be thankful that I have a job that I can wake up and go to.
Monday, April 12, 2010
- I love the smell of freshly cut grass.
- I love watching the trees and plants start to bloom.
- I love the smell of grills being fired up.
- I love the pretty blue sky.
- I love spring rainshowers.
- I love seeing the baby horsies (and yes, I know that isn't the proper way to say it).
- I love that I can say baby horsies and it's okay because it's Spring and people are just in better moods.
- I love sitting on back porch in my papasan chair just getting lost in a book.
- I love breaking out my flip flops and capris.
- I love that skin finally starts getting some of the moisture it's been craving all winter.
- I love that I hardly ever get shocked by my car anymore.
- I love driving around with the windows down and music up loud.
- I love the sound of birds chirping outside my work window.
- I love getting to leave my jacket at home.
- I love that it's still light after 8pm.
- I love that swimming weather is right around the corner.
What do you love about Spring?
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
So in an attempt to cheer myself up, I thought I'd pass along these two awards from Toby's Life...
You should definitely check out Toby's blog! It'as all about Toby going through training to become a guide dog :) I'm going to pass along these two awards to the following lovely ladies:
- With Gratitude
- The Seattle Smiths
- The Roaring Twenties...
- Starting from Nothing and Learning as I go
- Simply Said by Simply Me
- Raindrops on Roses
- My Life So Far
Have a great day girls!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Saturday, April 3, 2010
I'm going to be completely honest with you...I'm a sucker for getting awards! They make me feel so loved! However, it takes me FOREVER to pass them along because of all the linking to everyone else's blog. So I greatly apologize if you gave me one of these awhile ago and I'm just now getting around to posting.
So onto the first award! Cassie at Starting from nothing and learning as I go gave me this super cute Blogger BFF Award! I first found Cassie's blog when she commented on another blog that I read and I noticed we have the same name! So of course I hopped on over to her blog and found out that she has such cute, fun posts-how did it take me so long to find her!?!?!
- Ash at Ash is Fit
Pass it along to 10 of your blog friends
In 10 years I'd like to be settled into a career that I can happily spend the rest of my working years doing. I'd also like to be married with a couple of kids-hopefully at least one of them will be a girl! I love all the girly baby stuff you can buy right now :) I'd also like to have a really close knit circle of girlfriends. I feel like as we get older we kind of drift away from our friends and I hope that I'll be able to maintain many of my current friends and gain even more new ones. I still plan on having my two pups and I can probably see selling my current house and moving into a new one once I do have kids.
I'm passing this award onto these lovely ladies!
- Megan at In this Wonderful Life
- Sonja at For the Love of Stilletos
- Erica at Fashion Meets Food
- Tricia at Endurance isn't only Physical
- Kristen at Change of Pace
- BonBon Rose Girls
- Andrea at Run, Eat, Date, Sleep
- Kishah at My Life So Far
- Katie at Loves of Life
- Toby at Toby's Life...
Friday, April 2, 2010
- 1 box of lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (I used lemon juice you buy at the store instead of fresh lemons and it turned out fine)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil less 2 tablespoons (you should have 1/2 cup total when combining the lemon juice and oil)
- 1 tub lemon frosting
Thursday, April 1, 2010
I ended up getting 4 or 5 things and so did most of the other girls there. You go into a private room to order so everything is really discreet. I would definitely go to another party!