Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Warning...

this is not a low-fat recipe! BUT if you can look past that, this just might be one of the best things I've eaten in a long time...and the best part is-it's SUPER easy!

Rich Pasta for the Poor Kitchen: adapted from a recipe found on Allrecipes.com
  • 6 ounces package dry pasta (this is a little over a 1/4 of a regular 1lb box of pasta): I used shells and that really got all the sauce in all the little crevices
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • salt
  • black pepper
  • parsley: I used dry flakes because that's what I had on hand and it worked fine
  • A generous amount of grated parm.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil-salt generously. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Melt butter and garlic very slowly to avoid burning the garlic. Season with salt, black pepper, and parsley. Toss pasta into the skillet until well coated with butter. Increase heat to medium and cook until pasta is heated through and has absorbed some of the butter. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with as much parmesan cheese as you'd like!

As a side dish this would probably serve 3-4 people. I ate it as my main dish for dinner tonight and had a little bit left over for lunch tomorrow. Again, I know this is a pretty unhealthy dinner, but it's one of those things that you can probably make with what you have already in the kitchen-and it's yummy!

It was so yummy, I forgot to take pictures! I hope you try this!

6 comments:

  1. Yum that sounds RIGHT up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I think I know what I'm having tomorrow...

    Toby's Raiser

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left you an award on my blog! Have a fabulous Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at GENEROUS amounts of Parm. Ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm sounds so good!

    p.s. i left you something over at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity