I have no clue why, but I'm always trying new recipes for Sloppy Joes. They're all good, but I keep wanting to see what else is out there. This recipe is adapted from a Tasty Kitchen recipe.
You need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 10 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Mortons Natural Seasoning Salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
Brown the meat and drain off the fat. Then add the onions and saute until softened. Add the remaining ingredients and cook over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes; stirring frequently.
Serve on whole wheat hamburger buns with tater tots!
This should serve about 6-8 people. Sorry-no picture again this time. I keep forgetting! If only I had Ree Drummond's mad skills :)
Oh btw-did you hear that Ree's book she wrote is probably going to be made into a movie?!!? And that Reese Witherspoon might play Ree? This is exciting to me for several reasons:
- Ree's from Oklahoma and so am I so for some reason I feel like I should be super excited
- I LOVE her recipes and one day will make those famous cin. rolls!
- I love the part of the book she has posted on her website
- Romantic comedies are my favorite type of movie, so I really hope it gets made!