Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Progress Report...

I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that I've been meaning to let you all know how my whole giving up eating out for 40 days was going. So...it's actually been going really well! You might remember that my rule was to only buy food from a grocery store. I did say that if someone brought me food without me requesting it, then that would be okay. I'm happy to report that I haven't cheated once!

My work did have lunch catered by an Italian food place once and then people have randomly brought treats to work that I've allowed myself to participate in because they fall within my rules. The one thing I'm iffy about is a work lunch. We had someone new start at work and one of the other girls wanted to take him out to lunch to welcome him to the company. She asked me to go with her because she thought it would be more appropriate if we both went with him and said she was paying for the meal since it was a work thing. I really didn't want to go because of this whole 40 day thing, but in the end I decided it was okay-I didn't request to go and I didn't buy anything. So, we ended up going to Olive Garden where I only got soup and salad because I was still feeling the guilt-lol! I'm so weird sometimes, but I really, really don't like to fail at things.

I've decided that even though this all officially ends April 1st, I think I'm going to stick with it! If someone does ask me to go out to eat or if I just have a crazy busy day and want to pick up some dinner then I'll allow myself, but for the most part I want to continue to only eat what I buy at the grocery store. It's so much better for my budget and I'm truly enjoying all the new recipes I'm trying!

That means you can expect me to be posting even more recipes soon, but I guess that's all apart of finding my inner domestic diva!

5 comments:

  1. I will admit I cheated more than you did! I'm enjoying the savings and I think I feel healthier but it's hard not to eat out. I think we did cheat once a week - but that's not so horrible in the long run!

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea to keep going with it! My husband used to eat fast food every day at lunch, and I've convinced him to take his lunch. He hates that his brother eats it without him, while he has to sit in the restaurant & eat his sandwich, but we've saved money & he's lost almost 40 lbs since January. I also saw something where OG's Alfredo dish had 1700 calories and something close to 40 grams of fat! That's absurd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is a big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, keep up the great work!

    Toby's doing a giveaway over at his blog - don't forget to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for keeping it up! I think this is an area I have issues with...especially lunch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity