Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cupcakes!

I absolutely love bringing treats to work. We're not one of those offices that seem to have treats brought in everyday so when we do, it's kind of fun. And it also helps me to cross another thing off my 101 list! I typically decide to bring desserts because they don't have to be refrigerated and are easy for someone to just pop in and grab.

I saw the idea for these yummy cupcakes on My 101 in 1001. She has a much better picture of them, but here are mine:

Oh, and if that's your blog that I linked to, let me know! For some reason I get blocked everytime I try to leave a comment.

The basic recipe is to do the following:
  • Take a box of chocolate cake mix and follow the directions to prepare it and pre-heat the oven. Line a cupcake pan with liners. Twist several oreos apart and put one half in the bottom of each liner. Fill 3/4 of the way with cupcake batter and sprinkle with crushed oreos on top. Bake according to directions. Let cupcakes cool completely and ice with chocolate icing. Then cut oroes in half and put one half on the top of each cupcake.
Viola! Yummy cupcake goodness!

I actually only had one of these, because it's kind of chocolate overload for me. I knew that when I decided to bake them, but sometimes I bake things I don't like very much or at all just because I like to bake...and I know that I won't be tempted to eat every last one! I was telling this guy at work that and he thought I was crazy! Do any of you do that sometimes?

Anyway, these are good in moderation so try it out!

6 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with baking...I don't like to eat a lot of it, I just like baking it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those cupcakes look insanely good! And I am not a big chocolate fan! I bake things that i don`t like much so that I can just send it with the boy to work. I love baking though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look delicious!! i really need to start baking more lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cupcakes - now I have to go make some...

    Toby left you 2 awards over at his blog, feel free to come & pick them up!

    Toby's Raiser

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity