Thursday, February 25, 2010

I've taken on a new challenge...

I'm not Catholic and don't give up anything for Lent, but my best friends brother is Catholic so we started talking about it. She told me that he was giving up tv for 40 days, which I thought was crazy! However, the idea of sacrificing something for 40 days kind of intrigued me. I'm always looking for ways to become a better person so I decided to give something up for 40 days too.
I'm giving up all forms of eating out until April 1st. That means I can't eat anything that I didn't buy from a grocery store. So no more Starbucks in the morning, no eating out for lunch, no running to the deli downstairs for a brownie...I am willing to make an exception if someone brings treats to work or if my parents pick up dinner for me and bring it by without me asking or something like that.
The goal is to save some money and hopefully lose some weight. I want to cook more and feel healthier and I know that all the eating out I do costs me waaaay to much money and saps my energy-oh and not to mention makes me gain a ton of weight.
Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. What a great ambition...wish you luck! Nothing like a yummy, nutritious home-cooked meal. If you figure out a way to cook without the dirty dishes though, please let me know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent goal...We've tried to cut back on our eating out but haven't given it up all together yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Cassie! I should try to think of something to give up too for 40 days!! Hmm... to the drawing board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that goal. I have decided to do it for the next couple weeks because I've been eating out so much lately. It can definitely become a habit because it's so easy. Can't wait to see how you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing the same thing for Lent - giving up eating fast food. We're taking the money we would have inevitably spent on that and putting it towards something important - Husband's new XBox. :) No really, it's to replace his that broke a few months ago. The old one works fine to access the internet and our Netflix queue, so we'll move that one upstairs for me to use and he'll get the new one that actually plays the games it's supposed to. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog, and i`m absolutely loving it! Love the fact that you gave up all forms of eating out for 40 days! Thats an awesome challenge.... maybe I should consider that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck girl! I need to try that one too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity