Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wishful Wednesday!

I'm so glad that I'm finally able to get back to participating in Wishful Wednesday! If you aren't familiar with it, check out Kelsey's blog (and she's one of my favorite bloggers so I definitely recommend checking her out even if you aren't interested in Wishful Wednesday)!

Today's topic is: 'I wish' .... I could relive one particular holiday experience over and over again, and it would be going to my grandparents in New Jersey when I was little!

I lived in Hawaii from the time I was two until I turned seven. I'm not positive, but I think that we flew to my grandparents in New Jersey every single Christmas during those years. It was always so exciting for me to see my grandparents, aunts, uncle and family friends. I was the only grandchild during that time so I was completely spoiled rotton and always had someone ready to play with me! My aunts would let me walk around in their high heeled shoes and take me for manicures and my grandpa always had yummy ice cream treats for me. It was also the one time each year that I was guaranteed to see some snow! Living in Hawaii was awesome, but snow is so much fun when you're a little kid and you don't have to worry about scraping your car or driving on slick roads. The biggest thing I worried about was who was going to come outside and play with me. One year my dad built me this huge slide type thing and sometimes he would take me to the frozen lake and pull me around on a sled. Those truly were great times!

That's all for me, but I hope you participate!

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet post..sounds like you had a great time at your grandparents! That is awesome that you got to live in Hawaii...I would love to go there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally miss going to my grandparents house for the holidays and seeing all my relatives as well :(

    i hope you are having a great week hun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely memories, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a compliment from you!!! Thanks dear -- I love reading everyones response and truly enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww! That sounds like something out of a movie!! (the sled on the ice thing) Fabulous! Great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhh, that took me back. I used to love to visit my grandparents in Florida when I was little!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity