Monday, December 7, 2009

Get to know me-Christmas Edition!



Christa posted this over on her blog. It's a cute idea!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? - I like both. Gift bags are easier, but I just bought some super cute wrapping paper that I can't wait to use! Oh and I got the cutest little boxes at Target this weekend that I also can't to use!
2. Real tree or artificial? - I love going to the Tree Farm and picking out a tree to cut down. My parents did this with me when I lived at home and it always smelled wonderful in the house. However, I bought an artificial one to use for now in my own house. Once I have kids and they're old enough to go, we'll go back to getting a real one :)
3. When do you put up the tree? - Well my mom always does it Thanksgiving weekend, but I just do it when I have time or get the motivation. Shhhh...I haven't even put mine up this year yet! I might just wait until next year to go all out on the decorating.
4. Do you like eggnog? - I want to say no and I probably don't, but I can't actually recall a time that I've had it.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? - My parents always got me great gifts...hmmm the pogo stick was awesome and so was my skip-it.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? - Nope
7. Hardest person to buy for? - Shawn-he's an absolute pain to by for because he'll say he likes things, but he doesn't like them enough to get them as a present.
8. Easiest person to buy for? - My girlfriends. We like the same things so I just pick out stuff that I'm drawn to.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? - Mail-I love getting mail! Unless it's bills, though :(
10. Favorite Christmas movie? - Don't judge me, but I don't realy like Christmas movies or music. I'm weird I know...
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? - Usually late November or early December, but I need to start earlier because going to the stores right now drives me crazy! There are entirely too many people out and the stores get sold out of everything!
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? - Mashed potatoes, rolls, broccoli and cheese casserole, gravy, green beans...I could go on and on...
13. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree? - Clear! I like how streamlined and pretty they are.
14. Favorite Christmas song? - If I had to pick, I would say Santa Baby
15. Travel or stay home at Christmas? - I usually go over to my parents, although they might start coming over to my house in the next few years
16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? - Blitzen, Rudolph, Daner, Vixen, Donner...hmm I'm not sure I even got those right...
17. Angel on tree top or star? - STAR!
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? - When I was little I would open one present on Christmas Eve and the rest the next morning. Now we just open everything Christmas morning.
19. The most annoying thing about this time of year? - The crowds and trying to find things in the stores once a ton of people have been through and moved everything.
20. What I love most about Christmas - The atmosphere: the cold weather, sweaters, hot chocolate, Christmas lights, giving presents, decorating-this really is a great time of year!

2 comments:

  1. this is such a fun post! i've seen it a few times now :) i love reading these kinds of things!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity