Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hmmm appliances...

So I'm supposed to be closing on the house in exactly 24 days and one of things that I need to check off my list is buying a washer, dryer and fridge. I need to pick out the brands and then shop around for the best deal and then get them ordered in enough time to schedule delivery for November 13th. The only problem is that I'm entirely overwhelmed by which brands to get. This is my criteria list:
  • Red front load washer and dryer
  • Washer that has more than one speed
  • Washer that can sense the load size and choose the amount of water to cut down on untility bill
  • Dryer that can sense the humidity in the drum and automatically shut off when the clothes are dry
  • A french door fridge with pull out bottom drawer
  • Fridge to be stainless
  • I'm not too picky on whether or not the fridge has ice and water in the door

So this is just the basic list I've come up with. I'm sure there are much more important things to consider, but having never bought a fridge or washer/dryer, I'm coming up a little lost. I tried reading reviews but they all contradicted themselves and you have to subscribe to consumer reports to get their reviews.

Can you ladies help me out? Do you have any suggestions on other criteria I need to add to my list? Do you know which brands are reliable and worth the money?

2 comments:

  1. A fridge, washer and dryer were the first big purchases my hubs and I had ever bought together. (besides the house.) I am so proud of those appliances. In fact, I left the price tag in the fridge and haven't taken it down. :)
    It has been a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno about much of this since I'm still a renter, but wanted to say I love your blog, girly!!! And the pup in your profile pic is ADORABLE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity