Sunday, October 18, 2009

Can I be honest with you?

I'm feeling so overwhelmed and worried lately.

I'm supposed to close on my house in less than a month and when I look at it there's absolutely no way it looks like it will be done in time. They still have to install the alarm system, finish the kitchen cabinets, put in carpet, fence the back yard, bring in appliances, finish painting, re-pour the driveway because it cracked, tile the floors, etc. And I know that all of this could easily get done within in the next 2 or 3 weeks, but we keep having set backs because things get messed up like the driveway. I really hope it gets done on time. I've already taken off work and scheduled movers to be here the afternoon of closing day. I've been slowly packing up my apartment, getting all my loan stuff squared away and I've started shopping for the right washer, dryer and fridge to get delivered the day after closing. I also need to schedule AT&T to come out install cable, phone and internet the day after closing since the alarm can't be monitored without a phone line. And I need to get the utilities set up to transfer into my day on closing and schedule a trash service....aaahhh! I'm definitely feeling stressed.

There are also big changes happening at work that I can't really talk about, but it's causing me some major stress. Hopefully, I can tell everyone more in a couple of months.

I'm still struggling with my weight. I keep gaining and that just has me depressed and feeling yucky. I finally starting running three times a week again though so hopefully I can pull myself out of this hole.

I've also been super busy with the volunteer group I'm apart of. We have two meetings next week and while I love it, I just feel like I want to take a break from it all until I'm settled in the house.

Hopefully a good portion of this stress will settle down once I close and get in the house. Then I can focus on work and being healthy. But until then...I'm just trying to take it day by day.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the house stuff and having it all done in time! That must be stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope your stress levels go down soon hun!
    have a good week and keep your chin up :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity