Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wishful Wednesday!


Today is the very first time for Wishful Wednesday's! Kelsey at The Seattle Smiths started this up, so click here to read all the rules, so you can participate too!

Today's topic is: 'I wish' .... I could go back in time and change one decision I made,
and it would be ____! So here's my wish...

I wish I could go back in time and change one decision I made, and it would be to live in the moment. I've always been a worrier. I just can't seem to help it. I have a really hard time just living in the moment and I used to spend a majority of my time looking at the past and wishing things could be as good as they once were...which really makes no sense since during those "good" times, I was worrying about what was yet to come. I feel like I didn't truly get to enjoy high school because I was worried about getting into college and making good grades and building my resume. I didn't spend nearly as much time with my friends as I would have liked to. Same goes for college. While I absolutely LOVED college, I wish I had been able to appreciate the moments a little more. I had a hard time enjoying things because I always knew that I had something else that needed to get done-studying, work, etc. I don't want to wake up and realize that my life passed me.

So I'm working on it. I'm working on appreciating how blessed I really am. I'm working on figuring out what's really worth stressing over and what I can let go.

I hope you participate in Wishful Wednesdays!

4 comments:

  1. Me neither! I'm counting down the days before it starts to get chilly here! I can't wait! (responding from blog lol)

    & I feel the same way about your post. I'm a planner, I like to have things planned out & organized. I'm trying to work on that though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time visiting, I came over from Sonja's blog. I too am a worrier and it is hard to let somethings go, but once I do I feel such sweet released. I am such a perfectionist though it is super hard to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad you played!! I agree with you on living in the moment!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity