Thursday, September 17, 2009

Random Thursday...

This is a pretty random post, but I've got lots going on lately!

Yesterday my mom and I decided to start a challenge to see who can lose the largest percent of body weight by January 1st. If I win, then she has to take a spin class with me and both my parents have to volunteer at Habitat for Humanity with me for one day. If my mom wins, then I have to walk my parents extremely hyper 6 mth old German Shepherd puppy everyday for a month. We started today! I weighed myself this morning and took a picture as proof for my mom-I'm at a whopping 212 lbs-yikes! In order to help myself out a bit, I met with a dietician that I work with and we went over my BMI and eating habits and what I need to do to get healthy. We set a goal of losing 20 lbs by the end of the challenge so I'm super excited!

I've got less than 2 months until I close on my house so I've been shopping around for the best interest rate and home insurance premium. I have to say that all of this has been pretty stressful and there have been definite crying moments, but I'm trying to remind myself that it will all be worth it in the end!

The State Fair started this week so I'm super excited! I'm sure it will totally throw off all my healthy goals, but it only comes around once a year. I think I might get a chance to go this weekend :)

I had a meeting tonight for my volunteer group and it was a blast. I love all the girls and I always leave the meetings feeling motivated to be a better person. I truly believe that we should surround ourselves with positive people and it will rub off on us. Tonight I got my "big sis" kind of person. They don't call them that, but it's basically the same thing. All the new members get paired up with the older members and they gave us a rose. Then we'll have someone that can answer all our questions and all that. I also won a prize-the cutest tote-for being the first person to turn in an order form for our latest fundraiser!

Okay, that's enough rambling for the night!

1 comment:

  1. I think that is so neat that you are your mom are having a little contest with each other! Watch the Biggest Loser as some weight loss encouragement ... it is awesome!! Good luck, I will be cheering ya on :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity