Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cake Balls

I made cake balls for the first time last night! I've been seeing them on different blogs for months now so I thought I'd give it a try. I used a yellow butter cake mix, cream cheese icing and chocolate almond bark. Monday I baked the cake, crumbled it up, mixed in the icing and rolled it out into balls. Since the cake has to completely cool before you crumble it and because the balls need to be put in the fridge or freezer for a little bit before you dip them, I decided I was done for the night. I left them in the fridge until yesterday afternoon. I melted the almond bark, dipped each ball in and let them sit in the fridge until this morning. I packed them up and brought them to work-I hope everyone likes them! I ate a couple and they're too sweet for me, but that's good because I'm not tempted to eat more!

5 comments:

  1. They look amazing!!! Are they too labor intensive or just right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! These are ALWAYS a hit whenever I make them! Have you tried the oreo kind yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NUMMY!!
    i'm going to give my first attempt at these on friday/saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed your posts!! I need to make some Cake Balls again soon! They look delicious! I can only have a couple though...because there really sweet to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! :)

    & YES! I'll have to send you the recipe! They are DELICIOUS! I think they are actually called Oreo Truffles! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity