Sunday, September 27, 2009

Blame it on the al-al-al-alcohol...

I'm not a big drinker. Let me re-phrase that...I very, very rarely drink. I just don't like the taste of alcohol. I don't understand why I would want to pay $6 for an alcoholic drink when I can pay $2 for a soda and like the soda much more.

However, I do want to be able to go out with friends and enjoy a drink every once in awhile. Or sit at home and curl up with a drink and watch a movie. I enjoy a little buzz, but jeez sometimes I feel like I have to choke down my drink to get that buzz and it's soooo not worth it.

I do like cherry vodka sours, but they have to be made with expensive liquor so I can't taste the alcohol and not many places make them right. I've tried drinking wine because it always looks so sophisticated on tv, but it's not for me. I can't stand beer and tequila makes me gag.

Anyone have any good drink suggestions for me? I love fruity drinks, but normally order them virgin. I just want to be able to enjoy a drink with friends every once in awhile!

7 comments:

  1. My favorite is a moscow mule: ginger beer, vodka and lots of lime juice. Or a mojito!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about the old stand by Sex on the Beach? vodka orange juice and midori?? thats pretty tasty!!! (ciroc is my fav vodka...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav drink is a strawberry daiquiri, but Sex on the Beach is a good one too! It is really fun getting my house in order, you'll make a good susy homemaker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, just realized that my comment didn't disappear accidentally, but had to be approved... hence the double post. Wow, I really am a blonde!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav drink is probably a strawberry daiquiri, but the good old Sex on the Beach is refreshing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cheery vodka sours! Have you ever had a Bellini? It's a peach drink and it's SOOO good! My favorite is the Wallaby Darned Bellini at Outback Steakhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to taste my alcohol! My favorite drinks are Fuzzy Navels. Just make sure they make their with Peach Schnapps only & no vodka.. otherwise, you'll taste the vodka. The alcohol content is super low, too, so you can have 3-4 and only feel like you've had 2.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity