Saturday, August 1, 2009

Why?

I logged into Blogger tonight to catch up on my blog reading and write a quick post about my day. I got to one of my favorite blogs and even though I'm still sitting in the same place working on my computer, I feel like everything changed. Jen had written a post, which surprised me because she doesn't usually update on the weekends. I was expecting to get a weight loss update from her since today is her 2 year anniversary of her journey to lose 100 lbs. Instead, it was the most heart wrenching post I've ever read. Her sweet, sweet mom that always wrote the cutest comments on her posts got hit by a car while pushing her grandson and died on the way to the hospital. Jen didn't even get to say goodbye and while I'm positive her mom knows how much she was loved, I can't even begin to imagine what Jen is going through. I don't know Jen in real life and have obviously never met her mom, but this really shocked me. I started to cry as I read her post and am crying still because you just never know when those you love are going to be taken from you. It's so incredibly unfair. My priorities are suddenly up in the air. I know that I'm headed in the right direction. But hearing all of this just reinforces that I want to know that I live each and every day to the fullest and that I don't regret my actions and decisions. I think I have some major soul searching to do. This has shocked me in a way that has completely surprised me. I never thought I would become attached enough to the blog world to spend so much time crying, praying, thinking, and many other emotions for/about people I've never met. But I have and I'm grateful for it. Sweet Stellan is getting better and I truly believe it's due in part to the HUGE following of people that prayed and cared about this little boy making it. Jen will get through this, but it's unimaginable to me the pain I'm sure she's feeling. Please love on her during this time.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. I don't even know Jen but I am deeply saddened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was shocked to read Jen's post yesterday. I spent all day yesterday in an emotional funk. It truly made me see I need to tell the people I love how I feel about them every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to stop by and thank you SO SO much for such an amazing post - I really do thank you for the bottom of my heart for all the amazing support you have given me over this past week. I am so glad we "met" and that I got to share my mom with you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity