Sunday, August 9, 2009

Some things that help me to feel good...

  • I love, love, love reading my SHAPE magazine when it comes each month. There's always tons of advice and I get so motivated to really lose this weight.
  • Taking good care of my teeth. I like to floss and use mouth wash every night because it makes my mouth feel all clean, but also because I've read that it decreases your risk for heart disease-which I believe is still a leading cause of death for women.
  • I try to get a pedicure every month. It's good for the soul to relax and get your feet pampered. And you get pretty toes as a bonus!
  • Having a pet. My puppy (well he's technically over 1, but still a puppy to me) is one of the best things in my life. Nothing can beat the way I feel when I come home to him being so excited to see me. They truly do love unconditionally and we could all learn something from the pets in our lives.
  • Doing some good for the community. Volunteering really is something that not only benefits those that you are helping out, but in most cases helps that person doing that volunteering even more. There's just something about giving yourself to others to help make their lives better that gives me the best feeling. I've joined a group of girls meet each month and do quite a bit of volunteer work. And the added bonus is that the girls are mostly ages 24-30ish so we can go out and do fun stuff as well. It's like getting a ton of new friends!
  • Taking time out for myself. I know that I tend to be more of an introvert, which is weird to me because I used to be the exact opposite. However, I absolutely crave alone time. I need it to re-charge and to be able to face the world each day. I spend my alone time reading, watching movies, cleaning, shopping...it can be whatever, but I just need to make sure I have some each and every day.
What are some of the things you do that are good for the soul?

4 comments:

  1. I too love my Self and Shape magazines. Getting a pedicure each month would be awesome. That is so great that you treat yourself to that. I think just sitting outside on a summer evening is good for my soul or an early morning run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shape magazine too!
    Things that are good to my soul are exercising, blogging, and reading my bible

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you about the dress comment! I actually bought this one at Kohl's too!! They have about 2-3 colors of these type of dresses on sale right now for like $13!!

    I love my alone time too! Sometimes I just need to be myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following me! I love your blog too. It's so cute. I totally agree with you about volunteering. It makes you feel so good to help someone else.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity