Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm nervous...

I negotiate various legal contracts and develop budgets at work each day. I have this particular contract that's been causing alot of tension between my boss and I because he's insisting on extremely rigid terms that are out of the ordinary. Usually if we've worked with this client in the past, he'll let me use the terms previously negotiated, however he said no on this one. The client said they wouldn't work with us if we were sticking to our terms so I spoke with my boss and asked him to reconsider. They are a very big client and pulling this contract could cost us alot of money. He finally said okay and I let the client know today. I then find out that they aren't willing to honor the past terms and are changing the budget. I have no idea why so I emailed the client before I left work for the day and said they would need to at least agree to the terms we got last time (this is standard) and I hope they do. If they don't, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be in trouble. I went through great lengths to get my boss to give up his new requirements and if I have to tell I'm I can't even get the old requirements, I'm not sure what he'll do. Wish me luck for good news tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity