Monday, August 10, 2009

Have you ever...

Have you ever just wanted to quit working, stop hanging out with your friends, isolate yourself from everyone that knows you just so you can take the time to think about life and what you want out of it? I want time to get my priorities straight, time to develop a plan on becoming the person I want to be, time to become that person before I have to face the real world with all it's frustrations and all of people's pre-conceived notions about me. I get so distracted by falling into old habits when I'm around certain people or doing certain things. I just want to hibernate for awhile and emerge as the person with the life I envision. But alas, this cannot happen. There are bills to pay, friendships to maintain, things to do...so I will navigate this process without a self-imposed retreat from life as I know that most people must do. Only very few of us can afford to take a break from everything in their lives and most of us must make changes while still battling the everyday hardships. Which I suppose in the end, will make us stronger. After all, if we got a break from it all and then had to face it all at once, we most surely would fail again anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I have felt this way! Not so much a good feeling. I get the falling into old habits thing when you are around certain people. I hate that! I hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the way you put it all out there! i'm not talking about this post in particular, but the majority of them. i guess that's what blogs are for, though, but kudos to you for keepin it real.

    i've totally had those times when i just want to lock myself in my apartment with my two cats and not see or speak to anyone. since i'm rarely selfish, i probably just think of doing this because it's pretty darn selfish. but then again, what's wrong with being selfish every once in awhile?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity