Thursday, July 23, 2009

Twitter help

Okay, so I realize that I'm an adult that has grown up using technology, but I seem to be missing the gene that allows all technological things to come easier to me. And sometimes I feel like I must be the only one in my generation that struggles with this. Don't get me wrong, I'm a smart girl, but I definitely need to be shown how to make things like my computer work before I can use it efficiently.

So here's the deal...I signed up for Twitter and started a following a few people. I configured it to get the tweets sent to my cell phone. Now I know how to update my Twitter online, but how to I respond to other people's tweets? If I get it sent to my cell, can I just hit reply and then @thatpersonsusername and send the message or do I need to log on to Twitter first? When I'm online logged in and want to reply to someone, do I just hit @thatpersonsusername in my update section and type my message? Won't that become my update for everyone to see instead of replying to a specific person? And I have an iphone but what application do I use for Twitter? There are a ton and the one I have takes forever to load and doesn't take me to my update page or anything.

Okay, don't make fun of me...just help me please.

2 comments:

  1. I love twitter! BUT...I have a blackberry and downloaded an application so I don't have to go through text so I have no clue! Did you add me lady?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish i could help you with the whole twitter thing ... but i don't use it. i tend to get obsessed with things for short periods of time and get over them just as fast, which is what is bound to happen if i begin tweeting. does everyone REALLY need to know what's going on in my head all the time? i already have facebook and a blog for crying out loud :)

    thanks for telling me your story. i know i'll donate blood again, but i wasn't sure how often. because of you, i'll probably do it as often as i can :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity