Wednesday, July 8, 2009

No more excuses!

Alright, I'm done with making excuses. I've been "working hard" on this for a few months and I've just gained weight. It's time to get serious.

I've given myself a challenge. I'm going to lose 20 lbs by the time I close on the new house, which should be around November 12th. That gives me a little over 4 months and should be completely doable. Today's weight: 204.5. So...I should be down to at least 184.5 by the time I move.

I've given some thought to why I'm gaining weight and I've decided it's because I feel like my life is out of balance. If I feel like I'm slacking at work, or not spending time with friends or family, or not playing with the puppy enough, or my love life is out of whack, etc...I end up eating to make myself feel better, which really only makes me feel worse. So...my goal is to find some balance. I've been working my butt off at work today, I plan on playing with the puppy at home, hopefully exercising, and maybe meeting up with a friend tonight. I feel so much better when I'm taking care of myself and I want to feel that way again.

Sometimes I'll come across blogs where the person is saying how hard they've been working to lose weight, but I feel like they're deluding themselves. They say they're eating healthy, but they really ate carbs all day or lots of candy and junk food. I guess because it's less then what they would normally eat, they feel like they're doing well, but in reality everyone knows you need to eat a balance of foods. Some fruit, veggies, protein, carbs, etc. I'm just as guilty as those people, though. I say because I only ate half of my Olive Garden that I'm making good choices, but the reality is...I still consumed a TON of calories! And it is okay to eat like that sometimes, but when I do eat like that, I need to just admit that it was a splurge and not my attempt to be healthy. I feel like I can be judgmental of others for making excuses, but I'm the biggest culprit! Much of this blog has been full of excuses-I'm a picky eater, I'm tired, I'm sore, my side hurts, I have shin splints, I broke up with my boyfriend, work is stressing me out, etc. And while if I said it, it was probably true, that still doesn't let me off the hook. I need to start taking responsibility for the weight I put on and start taking it off.

Today I've had a bagel for breakfast and a lean cuisine and an organic fruit strip for lunch. I'm going to win my fight with my weight!

4 comments:

  1. You should post a "before" pic! That is ALWAYS good motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So easy to point fingers huh? I say, reflection is awesome! Most of the time, we are the only ones holding ourselves back.

    My favorite quote - one that I often often often repeat to myself when I'm unmotivated:

    From a book called "Skinny Bitch":

    "Stop being a moron and start getting skinny! If you can't take one more day of self-loathing, your ready to hear the truth: You cannot keep shoveling the same crap into your mouth every day and expect to loose weight."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about posting a before pic...I haven't decided, but I did take several. Jen, you are so right! I'm just going to say that to myself over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you! You can do this missy, and you'll feel a whole lot better for it!

    Post the pic...it helps hold you accountable. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity