Monday, July 13, 2009

Ick!

Well I'm hot, sweaty and gross, but I went to the gym! I was only able to do 20 minutes on the elliptical before I felt like I was going to pass out, but I figure all the sweating burned off extra calories. Oh, and the reason I go to the gym without A.C. is because it's the one at my apartment, so it's free and I figure I should take advantage of it before I move. I've spent money on gym memberships, but then never keep going and waste my money. I guess it's kind of a punishment to go to the gym here, but until I can prove to myself that I'll keep going, I'm just going to have to tough it out. Then when I move in November, if I've been consistently going (which I will!), I'll join a gym again and think about getting a trainer. Anyway...I'm just super proud that I went! I've even decided to pack a gym bag and start going directly after work each day and then take the weekends off. I guess I'll start that tomorrow! I know 20 minutes isn't a lot, but 120 minutes a week is 120 minutes more than I used to go, so I'm pretty excited.

I just finished book #8 on my goal to read 100 books. I read Sloppy Firsts after I saw it on this blog. It was hard for me to get into at first because it's based in high school and seemed a little young, but after I got in past the first 100 pages or so, I got hooked. I think there's four or five other books in the series and I've got them all on reserve at my local library. I can't wait until they come in! And the main character gets to college in the second or third book, so I'm hoping it will get even better. I absolutely love that I can get basically any book I want at my library, no matter how new it is, if I'm just willing to wait a little bit and be patient. I read books really quickly and like to read ALOT so I used to spend a TON of money on new books. I had this perception that the library didn't carry the new releases that I was interested in, but I was completely wrong and I couldn't be happier about it.

I'm not sure if I've blogged about this before, but I did start a new "green" habit. Another thing I can cross off my list (well I need to incorporate 5 new habits, but it's a start)! I drink lots of water, which is kind of obvious since that's all I'll allow myself to drink until July 19th, but even before I started that challenge, I drank alot. I've always had bottled water and I can taste the difference in plain tap water, so I continued to by bottled water. I definitely recycle all the bottles, but I know it would be best if I could just stop buying them altogether. So I bought a Brita Pitcher. I got the really big one so I use it at home and then I kept two of my big water bottles and just refill those from the pitcher to take to work! It's working out really well and I'm glad I can stop spending money on the pitchers and worrying about recycling them all.

By the way, does anyone know why when I upload pictures, it puts them all right next to each at the top? How do I make sure the picture goes by the text it's referring to?

3 comments:

  1. I am really proud of you for getting a Brita. It takes so much energy to recycle those plastic bottles and they are just filling up our landfills! Way to go!

    As for the workout--awesome. 20 minutes is 20 minutes! That is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the Jessica Darling series! It took me until the second book to get into it, so you are going good!

    For the picture thing, I usually just drag it down to where I want it to be...hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that and the second one. Haven't made the trip to Half Price to find the other two. I thought they were cute books!

    PS - I'm doing the 101 in 1001 too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity