Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I gave in...

and finally started reading the Harry Potter book series. I've been kind of addicted to the Twilight Series and haven't been able to find much else that compares so I decided to go ahead and try Harry Potter. It's actually not that bad. I just finished the first book today. I haven't decided to read all the books and then watch all the movies or to read a book, watch that movie, read a book...

I'm kind of in a funk lately. I've been dealing with this headache for three days and I'm getting pretty darn cranky. My stomach has been upset. The whole thing with "S" has been getting me down. "S" and I did have a talk last night and I relayed that I still don't want a relationship and that I don't even feel like we get along all that well and he said that he didn't see any reason to be there (he was at my apartment) so he left. Which is what I wanted. I want to be by myself for awhile. I want to have time to just figure out who I am and what I want out of life, but it was one of those things were I wouldn't be surprised if he calls today or tomorrow and asks if we can work it out. I don't know if he's actually going to let us go our separate ways or not, and that's hard.

I gained half a pound so I'm now at 203.5. I really want my candle though, so I need to kick it into gear!

I'm going to a get together tonight to see if I want to join a volunteer group that one of the girls at work is in. I actually really like to volunteer, but I'm kind of nervous. I don't know the girl at work all that well and I'm kind of uncomfortable with meeting a bunch of people where I don't have any friends. The girl from work is hosting it so I hope it goes okay. I guess we'll see!

4 comments:

  1. Have you watched any of the movies in the past? I am going to read the series as well but I have already watched the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am considering reading the books. I went with my sister to see the latest movie, because it was her birthday and she asked, but that is the only one I have seen. I'm not sure if they are my kind of books, but I might try them one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched any of the movies, so I'm hoping they will be really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a comment earlier on another blog about Twilight. Those books were like crack. I found myself at stoplights in the dark using my cell phone as a light to read the books. As I neared the end of New Moon, I sat in the parking lot of borders bookstore. When I finished the book I ran in add bought Eclipse. Chapter one was finished before I got home...crack.

    Someone suggested that I read the Harry Potter series as well. My kids gathered them all for me but the books have been sitting on my nightstand collecting dust.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity