Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 161

I'm feeling inspired today. I've been reading other blogs and I feel uplifted and ready to take on the world just from reading their words...is that strange? Sometimes I feel really alone-I'm single and I have friends, but my best friend lives a couple of hours away and I'm going through a period where I'm not sure if my other friends are actually my friends. I know that doesn't make alot of sense. I'll try to explain...have you every been friends with someone and you try to be there for them when they need you and then when it's time for you to need them, they don't show up in any way that matters? I'm sure that if I asked them to be there for me while I'm trying to figure out this whole single thing, they would come around, but I feel like I shouldn't have to ask. I don't know, maybe that's expecting people to read my mind. Arg! Anyway...

Back to the whole inspired thing. I'm feeling that way because it's just absolutely awesome to read blogs of other women that are my age and going through the same things in life. It seems that several people are newly single or are struggling with friendships and seeing how they've gotten through things or at least that they're in the same place right now really helps. And it's easy to find other bloggers that are trying to get in shape and be healthy. At least I can always have some place to go when I'm needing extra motivation.

When it comes to weight loss I've been thinking of some new things to try...taking a picture daily (I tried to do it once a week and never remembered), personalizing this blog with pictures, and weight loss tickers, etc. However, I'm really leaning towards keeping this blog as private (well at least when it comes to my identity) as possible right now. I think it allows me to be more free with my words and not worry that someone I work with or know in real life is reading my thoughts without my knowledge.

I did start day 1 of my pilates/yoga everyday for a month goal. It's part of my 101 in 1001 days list so I just need to keep it up until July 3rd and that will be one more thing I can cross off (that's the best part-getting my favorite pen and drawing a line through it) and hopefully it will also have made some awesome changes in my body. I did pilates last night, so I'll probably do yoga tonight to switch it up. Plus yoga is easier on my body and with my side hurting me so much lately, I don't want to do anything to make it even worse.

My goals for today:
  • Write in my paper journal
  • Stick to my food plan (lean cuisine for lunch, yogurt, triscuits and laughing cow cheese, cheese ravioli ( a normal portion size and not the whole thing!) and sherbert for dinner.
  • Walk the puppy
  • Do my yoga video

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity