Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 1...welll kinda...

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Me...or as of right now, the not so wonderful world of me, but I'm working on getting there.

So this is my first blog-yay! I started making some lifestyle changes a week ago today, but before I get into those I want to give some stats: I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 188 lbs. When I started a week ago I was at 191 so I've made a teeny bit of progress even though I'm sure that's mostly water weight. My goal is to get to 132 lbs within the next year. I think that's pretty realistic and while I would love to do it quicker, I want to make long lasting changes that I can stick with.

The point of this blog is to help keep me accountable, to motivate me when I'm discouraged and to log new healthy lifestyle ideas. This will probably focus mainly on fitness and getting healthy but I'm all about making my life as best as it can absolutely be. So that means everything from working out, cooking new healthy recipes, reading books, saving the planet, volunteering, etc. will all be included. I want to do absolutely everything I can to truly enjoy life and that is not something that's happening for me right now. Most aspects of my life are pretty great, but when you're over 50 lbs overweight, it kind of puts a hamper on how much I enjoy some things.

I plan on posting my exercise and eating plan for each day, but to re-cap the last week...I started a couch potato to 5K program last Thursday. The first day you are supposed to do a brisk 5 minute walk and then run for 60 seconds and walk for 90 seconds and keep repeating for 20 minutes. This is the plan for the first week (and you do it three times a week). Well I'm so out of shape that I've only been able to run for 60 seconds and then walk for 120 seconds. After the first two times I was sooo sore. I did my version of d3 on Tuesday and while I definitely struggled with the intervals, I didn't have any real soreness. I've decided to repeat week 1 and try to do the 60 second running and 90 second walking. Today will be my first try at that. I'm pretty excited because by the time I finish this program I should be able to run 3 miles at a time and it would be great if I could keep that up and run 9 miles each week. It's typically only supposed to take 9 weeks to finish the program, but I plan on needing to repeat most of the weeks due to being so out of shape and I'm completely okay with it taking me longer. I really want to stick with this and I know if I push too hard I'll just end up quiting.

So today's plan:
  • c25k w1d1
  • B-Plain bagel with peanut butter
  • L-Asiago bagel with turkey and cheese
  • S1-apple slices
  • S2-4 Kashi crackers
  • D-BBQ chicken, baked potato, and steamed broc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity