I haven't forgotten to blog, but I haven't made the time to actually do it for the past couple days. I went and bought new running shoes on Thursday and my run started out great that night-I was surprised at what a difference the new shoes made! But they ended up not being wide enough and my new shoes don't get here until Friday. So I didn't run today and I could potentially miss three runs before they come in. I'm worried about losing my stamina and motivation if that happens, but I'm not sure what to do instead. I shouldn't really run in my old shoes since they were giving me problems, but I don't want to not run for a whole week. Who would have thought I'd be at a place where not getting to run is such a problem?
I've eaten mostly crap today so I'm going to skip that whole issue and just say I'm over my little sugar and pizza binge and should be back to eating well.
I just read Twilight and loved it so I'm off to get the next book in the series!
Let me start with last night. I went for my run and I got shin splints!!! I'm really disappointed about that because I know if I skip a day in the program to rest that I'm more likely to just quit the whole thing. So I'm running tomorrow regardless of the shin splints and then going to get fitted for running shoes this weekend. I'm really excited to get my first pair of running shoes, but I'm sure it will be expensive and it's kind of intimidating to me. So we'll see how it goes.
Then this morning I came into work feeling absolutely fine and then all of sudden got really nauseated and I noticed that my right side was bothering me. By 10am I was feeling pretty much back to normal though. I'm kind of worried about something in particular, but I'm just going to hope that it doesn't happen again and that I'm fine. Either way, I'll probably keep my nausea meds with me for the next couple of days.
I've been doing well with my eating, which is great! Jeez, I just got kind of dizzy. I think I should go lay down for a little bit.
B-1/4 Plain Bagel with PB L-Turkey and Cheese on Asiago Bagel and chocolate pudding cup S-Apple slices S2-4 Kashi crackers D-Healthy lasagna E-Day off
I came to work today and my co-worker that has been having quite a bit of trouble getting and then staying pregnant let me know that she's pregnant again! I was so excited for her so we went out to lunch to celebrate. She picked an Italian place that I love to get the manicotti at. It's covered in both tomato and alfredo sauce and then I usually get a salad with ranch dressing and it's unlimited bread. So I sort of got worried and checked their website to see what I would be able to get instead. I ended up ordering a house salad with a light vig. dressing and whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce and grilled chicken! I even limited myself to three pieces of bread when I could have eaten the entire loaf! And my friend ordered the manicotti so I was especially proud of myself for not giving in. It's amazing how I'm not exhausted compared to when I normally eat a big bowl of pasta. All I can usually think about is a nap.
Today is my day to run w1d3, which I'm kind of dreading and kind of looking forward to. It's nice breezy, cool weather so I'm hoping it goes well!
B-Plain bagel with PB L-WW pasta with grilled chicken and tomato sauce and salad with light vig. and bread S-Apple slices D-Turkey and Cheese on Asiago bagel E-w1d3
I just got done eating the first brownie I've had in weeks and it just wasn't as good as I imagined it would be. I even waited for there to be a fresh batch and it was just okay. So I think I'm done with the whole brownie thing-and I'm admitting here for everyone to see so that's more incentive for me to follow through.
In other news, my side has been bothering me a little bit today and I'm not sure why. I hope it's just a one day thing and it doesn't get worse. I also got my biopsy results back and it was pretty good news-I don't have to go back to the doctor for six months!
I'm feeling a little bad about eating that brownie since today is a rest day from running and since I'm eating leftover pasta and chicken alfredo for dinner. But I am up to 5 lbs lost!!! Woohoo. I can't remember if I wrote that last time or not.
I finished the DietGirl book last night. It was really good and inspiring. I'm glad that I bought it so I can re-read it when I need some motivation.
B-Plain bagel with PB L-Turkey and Cheese on WW bun S-Brownie S-Apple slices D-Leftover chicken alfredo casserole E-Rest Day
I tried a new recipe today-Chicken and Alfredo Casserole. I found the recipe on The Nest and modified it to make it just a little better for me. I used low fat cream cheese and 2% milk instead of the full fat versions to make the alfredo sauce and I used less butter when making the crumb topping. I know it's still bad for me, but it came out delicious! I really do enjoy cooking, especially when the result is worth the time I put in.
Today was kind of a lazy day. I stayed home except for getting bagels from Panera and filling my car with gas. I washed my bedding and have been addicted to reading Diet Girl-I'm almost done and I just got it Friday! I really accomplished alot this weekend and I'm finally starting to feel some peace from the bad mood I'd been in for the last couple days. I need organization and cleanliness or I start to get agitated. My eating and exercise is going pretty well, my financial situation is getting better (finally paid off those credit cards!), the apartment is as clean as it's been in awhile and I feel like I'm just on track with things. It's a great feeling!
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Me...or as of right now, the not so wonderful world of me, but I'm working on getting there.
So this is my first blog-yay! I started making some lifestyle changes a week ago today, but before I get into those I want to give some stats: I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 188 lbs. When I started a week ago I was at 191 so I've made a teeny bit of progress even though I'm sure that's mostly water weight. My goal is to get to 132 lbs within the next year. I think that's pretty realistic and while I would love to do it quicker, I want to make long lasting changes that I can stick with.
The point of this blog is to help keep me accountable, to motivate me when I'm discouraged and to log new healthy lifestyle ideas. This will probably focus mainly on fitness and getting healthy but I'm all about making my life as best as it can absolutely be. So that means everything from working out, cooking new healthy recipes, reading books, saving the planet, volunteering, etc. will all be included. I want to do absolutely everything I can to truly enjoy life and that is not something that's happening for me right now. Most aspects of my life are pretty great, but when you're over 50 lbs overweight, it kind of puts a hamper on how much I enjoy some things.
I plan on posting my exercise and eating plan for each day, but to re-cap the last week...I started a couch potato to 5K program last Thursday. The first day you are supposed to do a brisk 5 minute walk and then run for 60 seconds and walk for 90 seconds and keep repeating for 20 minutes. This is the plan for the first week (and you do it three times a week). Well I'm so out of shape that I've only been able to run for 60 seconds and then walk for 120 seconds. After the first two times I was sooo sore. I did my version of d3 on Tuesday and while I definitely struggled with the intervals, I didn't have any real soreness. I've decided to repeat week 1 and try to do the 60 second running and 90 second walking. Today will be my first try at that. I'm pretty excited because by the time I finish this program I should be able to run 3 miles at a time and it would be great if I could keep that up and run 9 miles each week. It's typically only supposed to take 9 weeks to finish the program, but I plan on needing to repeat most of the weeks due to being so out of shape and I'm completely okay with it taking me longer. I really want to stick with this and I know if I push too hard I'll just end up quiting.
Hmmm, what should you know about me? I can be slightly OCD...I love to bake, cook and clean...I'm a sucker for any puppy in the world and would love to have tons of money to give to organizations that save animals...I constantly struggle between being all "grown-up" and giving into my kiddo side that wants to decorate everything in pink, black and zebra...I love to read...I cherish true friendships...I try to navigate life as best as I can and strive to be the best that I can...Hobby Lobby is one of my favorite stores...I'm totally Team Edward in the books, but Jacob steals my heart in the movies...I created this blog to chronicle my successes and failures as I try to find my domestic diva within!
101 in 1001 Days-Ends January 10, 2012
1. Travel out of state with just Max
2. Pay off my car
3. Order a magazine subscription: DONE 07-09-09 (SHAPE)
4. Take up a new sporting activity-swimming, running, etc.
5. Get a new girl puppy: DONE 12-31-09 Madelynne!
6. Go to the zoo: DONE 07-05-09
7. Get my make-up professionally done
8. Take 50 new friend pictures
9. Take 20 new Max pictures
10. Don't complain for an entire day
11. Complete the C25K program
12. Run in a 5K
13. Eat healthy for an entire week
14. Customize blog: DONE December 2009
15. Write in paper journal everyday for a month
16. Print all pictures on camera: DONE 05-16-09
17. File and organize all paperwork
18. Eat at a nice food place by myself: DONE 07-31-09 (Olive Garden)
19. Read 100 new books
20. Send Amber a package just because: DONE 05-09-09
21. Spend a whole day outside hiking and taking pictures
22. Go to WhiteWater by myself: DONE 07-09-09
23. Take a roadtrip
24. Be true to myself
25. Buy a little black dress and go somewhere fancy
26. Decorate home
27. Compliment 10 strangers
28. Try 30 new recipes
29. Buy a house: DONE 11-12-09!
30. Save $5,000
31. Start a Roth IRA
32. Get Medical Records from both hospitals
33. Do something nice for my parents
34. Wear a string bikini in public and feel good about it
35. Don't call into work unless actually sick for a year
36. Compliment 10 people at work: DONE August 2009
37. Don't spend any money for a week
38. Implement 5 new "green" strategies
39. Transfer CD's to iTunes
40. Participate in a charity walk or run
41. Make care packages for the troops
42. Volunteer at Free to Live
43. Volunteer at Habitat for Humanity
44. Go to the aquarium
45. Go to the omniplex
46. Blog everyday for a month: DONE 06-03-09 to 07-03-09
47. Go to Vegas
48. Update passport
49. Donate money to 5 charities
50. Learn how to actually cut an onion
51. Learn how to wrap a pretty present
52. Go to Affair of the Heart
53. Make 10 new desserts
54. Buy items from 5 Etsy sellers: DONE 11-26-09
55. Buy an original painting
56. Take and frame large black and white photos for home
57. Go to OKC Arts Festival: DONE 04-25-09
58. Go to a Thunder Game
59. Take a spin class
60. Get to a healthy BMI
61. Take a "secret" day off and do nothing but play with Max, watch movies and eat junk food
62. Be more patient
63. Treat my body right (get enough sleep, eat well, exercise, etc.)
64. Get a clean bill of health and be off meds for at least 3 months
65. Do pilates or yoga everyday for a month
66. Do the 30 day shred videos
67. Clean up and customize Myspace and Facebook (add new photos, delete old messages, etc.)
68. "Adopt" a child at Christmas
69. Be single for 6 months to learn about myself
70. Visit where I was born
71. Visit the Eiffel Tower at night
72. Go back to Hawaii to see the lava at night and climb Diamond Head
73. Visit California grandma
74. Visit all NJ relatives
75. Get engaged
76. Take a cooking class
77. Go to a church service
78. Bring treats to work 5 times
79. Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night for 2 weeks
80. Join a book club
81. Catch up with an old friend
82. Visit Amber once a month for 6 months
83. Find a new hobby
84. Have a fancy dinner in (table, candles, etc.)
85. Start investing
86. Drink nothing but water for a month: DONE 06-19-09 to 07-19-09
87. Have friends over for a girls night 5 times
88. Update my resume and apply to 5 jobs for practice
89. Make 10 new friends
90. Watch the dogs to my parents can go out of town: DONE 08-21-09 to 08-23-09
91. Walk Max everyday for a month
92. Do something for my friends 5 times just because
93. Don't say one negative word at work for a week